Thursday, September 15, 2016

It was good to be back...

Sunday morning we had coffee on the porch again in the cool temperature.  And we went to church.  It's been five weeks since we've been and it was so good to be back!  I posted on Facebook that the church is so much more than a building - it's the body of Christ, the smiling faces that greet you, the music, the wonderful message.  I so enjoyed the time spent at church Sunday morning.  Afterwards, we came home, changed clothes and headed south on the bike.  We passed several plantation homes in north Louisiana that were just beautiful.  I should have taken pictures, but I was enjoying the gorgeous blue skies, the wonderful cool breeze and the views!  I'll get some pictures of them eventually because I'm sure we'll be back that way one day.

It's been a while since I've been down Clyde Fant Parkway in Shreveport and things haven't changed much.  They are planning to open an aquarium in the Barnwell Art Center soon.  It would be wonderful to see the building in use again.  I remember taking my kids to the atrium there.

The plexiglass domed botanical conservatory which has long been unused.  It used to be beautiful and full of so many wonderful plants, trees and flowers.



Still cleaning up after the river flooded last year.

 


Veterans Memorial across the street from the VA Hospital



We crossed over the Red River into Bossier City and went down the sister street, the Arthur Teague Parkway. 
Veterans Home in Bossier City.

Both parkways are well maintained and beautiful

There were groups of people on the walkways carrying flags in 9/11 ceremonial walks.  It's hard to believe our country suffered such a blow 15 years ago.


May we never forget...

Following are scenes from the road.  We went down the east side of I-49 on the way to Natchitoches, LA and went back home on the west side of I-49.  We went through so many little towns and it was such a nice ride.  I find I just snap random pictures of things that I like and other times I put my phone up and just enjoy the ride.








Another small town tribute to 9/11




We intended to eat lunch here but it didn't really look like our kind of place so we moved on.




Here's where we ended up eating and it was SO good! Right on the main drag in Natchitoches.



Yuengling and the New Orleans Saints game on TV - definitely the better stop!

AND Catfish Opelousas...mercy...

Loved their signage!

Cane River across the street from the restaurant

We parked up the street so we could walk for a bit.




So many beautiful homes we saw....

...and some forgotten homes...


I wonder who may have lived here when it was brand new?


It was a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment