Monday, August 21, 2017

The eclipse!

So today there was a total solar eclipse across the United States!  It was only 85% here and I didn't buy glasses or anything to look at it but two of my family all got to see it!  Katie is in Charleston, SC, the last major city to be able to see it in 100% totality.  Unfortunately, it's pouring rain there now and I don't think they'll be able to see anything but clouds.  I'm content to see the pictures on the news.  I always think these astronomical events are cool, but rarely just HAVE to see them from my driveway. I'm all about watching a TV special about it or looking at pictures that others have taken.  My one exception was the Aurora Borealis...and I got to see that!!!


Here is a pic I took with my camera reversed toward the sky about 45 minutes before it was at it's peak coverage.

Kenneth in the driveway with his sunglasses and welders helmet on.  I told him it wasn't safe to do this, but when does he ever listen to me?

iPhone pic at the peak of coverage for our area...annnnd obviously this isn't working...

Here's Katie's pic of the eclipse from Charleston, SC.  Wish they would've had our weather... :(

See?  Isn't this easier than buying glasses, risking long term retinal damage and sitting outside in this humidity?

It IS beautiful!


Daniel actually got this picture through his IOS approved solar eclipse viewing glasses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment