Thursday, July 21, 2022

February, 2022

The rest of January was pretty uneventful after the big wedding celebration...just work, motorcycle ride to Los Pinos, family dinners and visits with family and friends. Since I'm now into JULY, I'll have to play catch-up with some monthly posts! So here are some pictures from February and what happened in our lives...

Dinner with Mum at Chicken Salad Chick - one of our favs!

Kenneth and me after hearing some AWESOME news...this pic is out of order so see later in this post what the news is...😍

Katie's house in Waxahatchie, TX. We went to help her move back home to Louisiana!!

Mum at her six month retina checkup

And we've discovered the Home Goods store! Thankful it's not closer to my house or I would shop there WAY too much!

Headed to Texas to pack Katie up.

She's excited to be coming home.

Dinner at Flying Heart

We had another snow storm this year!

Pretty drive on my way to work

Mum checking her mail

HERE is our AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! I knew they'd be ready to start their family quickly after the wedding, but didn't expect THIS quick! We are absolutely over the moon excited to be grandparents!!! And what a fun way to tell us! "Peter Rabbit" was Daniel's favorite book when he was little so it was wrapped as a gift to open and as soon as I saw it, I knew...😍




Sunday afternoon...chillin' at the house...perfect weather for wine on the back porch.

Gibbon's Fine Grill for dinner with Mum...SO good!

Took a boat ride out on Caddo Lake to check out the progress of the bridge. The state has finally decided to replace the Caddo Lake Bridge that was built in 1940. I've crossed that bridge every work day back and forth for almost 30 years! It's a bit inconvenient now because I have to wind my way through Mooringsport every day, but the bridge was in such bad shape I was almost ready to quit using it anyway.



They started by removing both ends, then they removed all the spans and they they placed explosives in July to blow up the concrete pilings. They say they'll have it finished by end of 2023, but we'll see about that!





There was so much rust and rot and when you were in the water below the bridge and an eighteen wheeler went over, chunks of concrete would fall from underneath into the water. It was definitely time for a new bridge!

It was a beautiful ride...

Back of the house

This is the sign from Daniel and Sophia's wedding reception. Daniel wanted one with a dimmer switch so I bought this one from him so he could get a new one. I love it on our porch!!

Trip in his new apartment

My beautiful Katie!!

Unloading at the new place. So thankful she hires movers!! Kenneth is, too...you see how hard his job is since he doesn't have to carry things up to the top floor anymore!

Visiting churches with Katie until she finds a new one!

And now that she's home, she can meet us for impromptu family dinners!! So thankful she and Sophia get along so well!!

Dinner with Arvis and Pattie...man can they cook!!


First picture of our little one!!!!!

Kenneth making enchiladas!


No comments:

Post a Comment