Friday, May 6, 2016

Babes With Bullets weekend

What a wonderful weekend I had!! Starting on Friday, April 29th...:o)  Kenneth and I went to Margaritaville for dinner.  Saturday, Katie and I went to Daniel's house to clean up so his carpet could be laid on Monday and then we headed to Shane's for some crawfish.  We sat outside because it was such a beautiful day and we got to see some of the Barksdale Air Force Base Defenders of Liberty Air Show.  Love watching the Thunderbirds fly!!  On Sunday, Katie took GMa and me to Another Broken Egg for Grandma's 80th birthday since we wouldn't be here Tuesday.  Then Kenneth picked me up on the bike and we went to the Blank Check Society where we were approved for membership.  I spent the night at Katie's and Monday morning we headed to the Miculek's gun range in Princeton, LA for the Babes With Bullets three day handgun camp.  We had some fantastic training with champion shooting women: Sheila Hoekstra, Annette Aysen, Lisa Munson, Kay Miculek and Lena Miculek.  We learned safety, stance, grip, sights, press, drawing from a holster, footwork, shooting on the move, bill drills, paper targets, steel targets, multiple targets in stages...so many things!!  I must say, it's the best thing I've ever done.  I learned so many things and my shooting and accuracy improved a LOT!  We made some wonderful new friends, too.  Can hardly wait until the next one!  The lake levels have been rising again with all the rain we've been having.  When I left Sunday, I thought I may have to park in the front and have Kenneth come get me in the boat but so far, we've been OK.  We'll see what happens when the next system comes in next week.
Crab legs, crawfish and catfish - can't get any better than that!

Aren't they beautiful?

Thanks to all of our veterans-past and present...


How fortunate are we to have this military?
 
 
 


Water at the boathouse when I left Sunday.

 
Katie's crazy cat, Trip.

Getting safety instructions from Lisa
 


Katie is rockin' that raincoat!

Sheila seeing what Katie can do.


Shooters on the line!

At low ready about to shoot
 
 
Getting some instructions

More shooting

I am definitely improving!!

Lots of rain drove us to Academy Sports for rainboots!!

Annette helping Katie with her boots.

Katie fascinated this group with "The Selfie"!!

Get 'em, Katie!!

Glenna had a broken hand so she needed help with her sunscreen, which she thoroughly enjoyed!



Learning stage shooting
 
Revolver lesson at the end of the day from the champ!
 
Revolver champion, Annette Aysen, showing us how it's done
Katie shooting Annette's revolver
 
It's a fabulous revolver!

Everyone wanted to shoot it!  And we all got to - thanks, Annette!!

Two Mother/Daughter pairs - Elaine and Katie and Carol (76 years young!) and Kathy

My awesome daughter...:o)

We loved Sheila!!

Dinner at Nicky's Mexican Restaurant the day before Cinco de Mayo.

Always smiling...

Katie with the World's Most Interesting Man

This is what I look like when I dress up...

Pattye and me playing for the crowd!

Sunrise over Louisiana Downs racetrack
Views from our hotel window by the elevator
 

The mist over the grass was so beautiful

But not as beautiful as the horses!

The advanced handgunners showing us how they keep time doing the Sprinkler!

Terry won!!  Lisa presented her with a prize.

Proud instructors Annette and Sheila

Can't wait for next year!!!


Water when I got home. So happy I could drive home-I was exhausted!!


Boathouse when I got home - came up some!

Thursday morning at work-yikes!!  Worth every minute off, though...:)

Don't know how a video will work.  I've never put one on before. Me shooting for the first time in a stage. LOTS of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment