Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day weekend

The rain that was predicted thankfully missed us and we had a wonderful weekend!  Saturday morning, I did laundry and Kenneth helped with the Wheelchair Ramp Ministry.  Saturday afternoon, we went to a Crawfish Boil in honor of Meredith and Matt's engagement.  We have known Meredith and her family since she was a little girl and it's been fun watching her grow into a beautiful, successful young woman.  And Matt seems to be a perfect match for her - such a lovely young couple!  We had a wonderful time meeting new people and catching up with some old friends. 

Happy that Daniel was able to be there!

SnapChat I sent Katie assuring her she would get some crawfish!
 
 
Meredith and Matt
 
This was a really cool cake!! White chocolate crawfish!
 
Sunday was Mother's Day and Daniel and both of our mothers came up for Kenneth's annual Mother's Day fish fry.  Katie had to work all weekend and missed everything, but we kept in touch with texts and SnapChat!  The fish was delicious and the flowers Kenneth got us all were beautiful.  I meant to get pictures of our Moms but of course, I forgot.  I did manage to get a picture of Mum before she pulled out of the driveway.  Maybe I'll get better one day...:)

I've always wanted to try these!

Thanks to Daniel, I got to try four kinds!



No comments:

Post a Comment