Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Galveston with a lifelong friend

Back in April, I headed out on Friday the 13th (good thing I don't believe in that stuff!) for Galveston, TX to meet up with Renee, my best friend in Pennsylvania before I moved to Louisiana in 1979.  I guess we met somewhere around 1976 and have somehow stayed in touch WITHOUT social media ever since!  Although we have lived full lives, put on a few years and it seems only I have put on a few pounds, she is the same sweet girl I remember from all those years ago.  We laughed, talked, walked (oh, my - over 15,000 steps each day according to her FitBit!), drank some wine, ate some wonderful food, toured a couple of houses and maybe drank a little more wine.  It was so awesome to see her again, spend some time together and make new memories.  Thanks, Renee, for finding such a great Air BnB to stay at and arranging our weekend - already looking forward to our next reunion!


Rolling across the causeway into Galveston

The house Renee found for us - so cute and perfect for the two of us!

When the house was remodeled, they found this old stuff in the walls - very cool!

We piled our food up here in the kitchen and loaded the wine cooler as soon as we got there.

It turned out to be way too cold to be on the beach.  This was as close as we got! This was our first night there and we ended up wearing jackets the rest of the weekend.

Friday night dinner here and was it ever good.  We had an ocean view with our dinner and drinks.


Lunch Saturday here at Shykatz.  Nice local hangout with fantastic food.

Shykatz grilled cheese with tomato (Oh, my - it was SO good!) and tomato basil soup.  The chunks of tomato and whole basil leaves made it the best I've ever had - so fresh!

The Bishop's Palace was right up the street from our house.

Although we toured two houses, this is the only one I took pictures of as it was magnificent.

Going up the back stairs

Beautiful stained and leaded glass throughout the entire house.

This is what you saw when you walked in the front door.


Saturday night dinner at Olympia Grill-nice Greek restaurant right on the water.

Found out I really like Greek food! We ate, chatted and watched all the activity in the port-wonderful evening!

Breakfast at The Mosquito CafĂ© - again, wonderful food!  So enjoyed my time with this beautiful lady...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment