Friday, January 26, 2018

Kaylie Jayne cashed in her coupon!

Amanda texted me January 8th and said Kaylie wanted to use her "Day with Aunt Elaine" coupon she got for Christmas so we set a date for January 20th.  What fun I had hanging out with this precious 11 year old!  She wanted a backpack that could only be found online so I ordered it and had it when I picked her up.  She gave me her Christmas money to pay for it (a requirement of her mom - she's trying to teach them about money, budgeting, etc.), switched all of her stuff from her current purse to the new backpack and off we went!  We went to the Boardwalk in Bossier City, shopped, ate sushi and went and saw "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle" in 3D.  I had such fun talking to her and learning about who she is now - a sixth grader who loves art and social studies - but still seeing that sweet little girl I've known since the day she was born.  I asked her if she would rather me get her a present or another coupon this year for Christmas and she said she wants another coupon which is fine by me!  Thanks for the fun day, Kaylie Jayne!!  Looking forward to our next day already!


Headed out!

Kaylie with the fountains of the Boardwalk behind her.

One of the many shops we poked around in.

Sushi!!  Love that I have someone else to eat sushi with...:)

Since she didn't want a manicure, I told her to pick anything she wanted and she got a unicorn from Justice.  We put him in the car before we went to see the movie.



Stylin' in our 3D glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment