Thursday, July 29, 2021

North Dakota

 Another state added to our list!  North Dakota has been a wonderful stop for us because we really did nothing but relax!  Pulled into the Jamestown Campground in Jamestown, ND Sunday, July 25th and plan to pull out about 11:30 this morning.  I've been able to log into the office and work every day which has pretty much kept me caught up.  The first day we were here, we went into town for a Walmart run and ate at the Pizza Shack which transported Kenneth back to his childhood trips to Shakey's where he ate pizza and fried chicken.  Monday and Tuesday we didn't go anywhere-just hung out at the camper, sat outside in our chairs, cooked on the outdoor kitchen, napped, I did laundry and just generally did the camping thing-it was awesome!  Wednesday we went back to town to do the tourist thing at Frontier Village, I hit a little shop of local artisans and got a couple Christmas gifts and we got to see the World's Largest Buffalo which was created in 1959 as a roadside attraction to get people to stop here.  I wanted to take a stagecoach ride, but they don't run it during the week so I'm going to have to miss out on that.  Had a great dinner at IDK Bar & Grill then back to the camper. We're going to try a Harvest Host this evening - a brewery in Dickinson, ND about 200 miles from here.  We've found that 200-300 miles a day is a good pace to drive.  We'll boondock at Phat Fish Brewery, have dinner and just sleep in the camper.  It's supposed to be 57 degrees there tonight so I don't think we'll need to even use the generator for the A/C!  Best thing about the Harvest Hosts is they're free...:)



Frontier Village had a whole town set up! You could look in all the stores and see what things looked like back in the day.  I love that kind of stuff...:)



Here's the stagecoach I wanted to ride.  I've always wondered what it would be like to ride across that terrain in one of these - it was a luxurious way to travel then, but it had to really not be that great!



At The Pizza Shack-he loved it!

This is me cooking bacon...I started it, but somehow he ended up doing it.


We had wonderful hosts here and they kept everything so nice!



I was almost too tall for this town!


Are we tourists or what?!

Christmas shopping!!

Goodbye, Jamestown...we've enjoyed it!


3 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast! Glad y’all are enjoying the trip and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always thought she was a flower child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about your trip and seeing your pictures!! Know y'all are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete