Friday, October 21, 2022

Madison Marie is here!!!

They all said it would happen, but I didn't believe it until 9/29/2022. That was the day my heart was captured by our first grandchild...💕 I'll be the first one to tell you I don't want to hold a newborn. I held mine and loved every single minute, but other people's babies I don't want to hold until they're a good 6-8 months. Well there is a newborn now that I absolutely LOVE holding and look forward to every time I get to see her! Who knew that I could love another child as much as my own? It is an overwhelming feeling. Lil Bit decided she wanted to make her grand entrance to the world a bit early - Sophia's blood pressure had been going up and late Wednesday night she was in so much pain in her back that Daniel took her to the ER. Madison had basically been in a "standing" position for a few weeks and now her head was lodged under Sophia's rib cage and one of her legs was already in the birth canal, so the doctor opted for an early morning C-section. What a surprise I had when I got up Thursday morning to a text from Daniel saying Madison had arrived!! Our world will never be the same and we couldn't be happier!

My first time holding Madison...she's only 12 hours old here!





Aunt Katie let me hold her first, then she got her turn!

My baby with his baby...is there anything sweeter?!

We are going to have SO much fun with this new addition to the family!!

Flowers from Charles and Janey


Katie unwrapped her to re-swaddle her and she was NOT a fan!

Grandma and Grandpa are over the moon excited you're here, Madison!!



This may actually be Madison's first selfie. Or does she have to take it to be considered a selfie? 

Proud Daddy



This was the pic Daniel texted me when she was born and the pic I woke up to...what an exciting message to get!! Happy birth day, Madison!!

First family photo! Sophia is already such a good little mama and look how beautiful she is just hours after giving birth! Love this family more than words can express...🥰

Does he ever have a LOT more of this in his future!! What a great Dad he's going to be!

I grabbed some of these pics from Sophia's FB post. 


Olive isn't too sure about her new sister

Checking her out...

...and deemed acceptable. Olive has a new napping partner!

Great Grandma (or GG as she plans to be called) meets Madison for the first time!!

Oh, my goodness...


That FACE!!!

The happy family is settled in at home!

She is just so precious.


Took this to send to Katie at work

Madison Marie-you are a gift from God and I know you will be a blessing to everyone in the days, months and years to come!! Thank You, Lord for our sweet girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment