Monday, June 27, 2016

HRPT - Day 7 - Kansas City, Kansas


Headed out for our last day of the Power Tour!  Last day of jumping up and packing up and taking off as early as possible to beat the heat and get in line with the other cars.
 

Kenneth going over the route while I pack everything up.
This turned out to be the most beautiful drive of the whole Power Tour.  I said I loved Kansas and this drive just did it for me!  I wanted to take hundreds more pictures, but just decided to sit back and enjoy the view.  It was such pleasant weather and we drove through so many shady back roads.
 
That's Michelle and Carl behind us.  We rode with them this last day.
 

Cars going around the bend.
 
 
Cars this far in front and this far behind - it was so much fun!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Loved this handmade stone wall.  Who knows how old it is.
 
 
 
 
 
Standard Oil sign in small town Kansas
 
This was an old schoolhouse - very cool.
 
Old fire truck in one of the little towns
 
Brick streets - goodness, I could drive thought these towns forever!
 
 
Rolling into Kansas Speedway
 
Carl and Michelle's car
 We got to the venue around 12:30, clocked in and went to some vendor booths.  Since the long haulers events were starting until about 5:30, we decided to go get some Kansas City barbeque, cold beer and some air conditioning!
Carl, Michelle, Elaine and Kenneth - photo op at Famous Dave's
This really was some good BBQ!

I've always seen "burnt ends" on competition BBQ cook-offs, but never tried them.  My goodness, they were good!


Does he ever stop clowning around?  The answer would be "no"...
 
Some pictures Michelle took of the El Camino rolling down the highway!





Kenneth holding the umbrella for me.  I didn't get burned the whole trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment