Thursday, October 6, 2016

Red River Revel

One of the highlights of fall is the Red River Revel Arts Festival in downtown Shreveport.  Every year we head down to the riverfront to listen to some great music, eat food we shouldn't eat and look at some amazing art.  This year was no different.  Kenneth and I met Mum and Katie and even though I didn't get many pictures, it doesn't mean we didn't have a good time!  We ate shrimp, fries, chicken fingers, Philly cheesesteak sandwich, tamales, roasted corn and ice cream while listening to a couple of Christian bands play.  Afterward, we walked around some of the booths and look at art from local vendors and from some far away.  There are always plenty of unusual things to look at.  I've bought things over the years, but have refrained lately because I'm trying to get rid of things, not acquire them!  It is still rather warm here in the south, but a cool front is headed in this weekend!


Mum found a hat to take to her sister in December.  Grandpa would be proud of Katie for the photo bomb!

Kenneth coming back with my roasted corn.

Clowning around when he realized I was taking his picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment