Friday, August 26, 2016

Friday, August 12th

Woke to a beautiful, cool 48 degrees in New Mexico!  As usual, I'm the first one awake so I wandered outside to see where we ended up last night.  It was so dark that all I saw was the ground in front of me while I was walking into the house.  My goodness!  What a beautiful piece of earth Bubba and Rita are blessed to be upon!  Both mornings we were there, I sat up on a hill above the stream that runs beside their house and just watched and listened to nature...


I was quite startled when four deer crossed the stream while I was enjoying the view!

After they crossed, they grazed in the field, jumped a fence and disappeared into the woods.  They were so graceful and beautiful!  I've never sat and watched deer in the wild before - unforgettable...

Senor Chipmunk came and sat with me for a while, too!

Headed out for an all day ride in New Mexico and Colorado




I had no idea New Mexico was so beautiful!  I've only been to Alamogordo and it wasn't that pretty at all.



The Lord blessed us again today, as He did every day, with beautiful weather to ride!  Just look at that blue sky...:)

We FINALLY got to see some bighorn sheep!!  They were grazing right by the road when we parked to see the Rio Grande.



They were certainly impressive and I'm so glad we got to see them.







The Gorge was much larger than I thought. 


This is Earthship Biotecture.  It's a whole community of sustainable living house - all off-grid.  Never even knew this existed.  There were a lot of houses, too!



More of the Earthship community.










We stopped at Foster's in Chama, NM for snacks and beverages.





Rolling into Colorado!




This is a legit cowboy herding cattle...right down the highway!












I do love my churches! I saw so many different styles - loved them all!


This was a Point of Interest although I'm not sure why.  Just in case, I took a picture!

I think this was the Rio Grande River...





Little cemetery in Amalia, NM

No comments:

Post a Comment