Thursday, December 29, 2016

Christmas with Katie

We've been working our holidays in around Katie this year since she started traveling and Christmas is no different.  She flew in on the 18th, so that's when Christmas was this year!  Her flights were all delayed but she finally made it in five hours after her scheduled time.  I really kept my word this year and didn't buy too many gifts.  Daniel got his rims powder coated on his car and Katie and I split that, Katie got her vacuum before she left and Daniel and I split that, we all split the cost of the drone for Kenneth...he's been wanting one for years and he finally got it!!  We all split Mum's gift, too - a rechargeable battery system for her hearing aids.  I got my necklace ordered and will pick it up next week.  Other than that, stockings and one gift for each of the kids and a couple of other small things for the adults and we were done.  And we ate and drank and visited and had a wonderful Christmas without spending ourselves into debt...such a blessing my family is!!


My Thomas Kincaid ceramic tree that I love...one of my yearly decorations.

This crèche belonged to Nana Great. I told her one year how much I loved it and she unplugged it and gave it to me! She said she would rather give it to me than me get it when she was gone...and not too long after that, she was gone. It's lit every year at my house and I think of her.  My very favorite part of Christmas right here because after all, Jesus is the reason for this holiday...I love putting this out every year!

Katie's snap that she's finally on her way!!

Even Haley was anxious to see our girl...

FINALLY!!!  She made it safe and sound.  A bowl of chicken and dumplings and then we can open presents!  She will eat chicken and dumplings for breakfast the two days she's here, too...:)

Haley said she'd help








Now THAT'S a knife!!

It's an avocado...thaaanks...

The kids were so excited for him to get this...he had no idea!!  We finally surprised him for Christmas!!!





Figuring it out - they both like it!




Katie and I stayed up pretty late talking.  Mum and Haley tried to hang in there but they went on to bed and left us to visit.  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment