Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Pirates of the Red Happy Hour December 9th

I just can't believe how fast the month of December has gone!  I am so far behind blogging and hope to get caught up before the end of the year gets here.  We have been so busy the past few weeks with family, friends and food - oh, my!!  As I do every year, I've put on the pounds that I will resolve to take off next year and probably not get them all off...:) 


So at the December Happy Hour for Pirates of the Red, we collected donations for a family in dire need.  The father is out of the picture, the mother is in jail and the grandparents adopted all FIVE of the grandchildren to keep them together and raise them.  Then, at the end of November, Grandpa lost his job and they needed some help with Christmas.  We collected ALL of the gifts and then some for all five kiddos and all the cash donations (which is what I opted to give) went onto a Walmart gift card for Grandma and Grandpa to get what they needed.  Hopefully we made it easier for them.

And even though the flyer said the gathering was at Chimi V's, we actually met at Ernest's Orleans Restaurant.  This place is really upscale and I've only been here twice - both times I won dinner here participating in a radio contest!  Even though there were men in tuxedos and women in evening gowns, we Pirates fit right in and did we ever have a nice evening!  Appetizers all lined up buffet style for us, great raffle items with the proceeds going to the sponsored family and lots of catching up with old friends. 

Enjoyed visiting with Debbie!

Susan and Kevin

Kevin won a raffle prize!


Ricky isn't sure WHAT he's won!!


Paula handing out raffle winnings
 


No comments:

Post a Comment