Monday, August 30, 2021

Bryce Canyon

On Saturday, we set out for Bryce Canyon.  This was one of the places I've really been wanting to see.  I have always heard how beautiful it was and I was not disappointed!  Everything we've seen, I keep saying it just couldn't get any prettier and then I see something that's even more awesome than the last place.  We spent four hours riding and stopping for pics.  All of the pull outs were on the left so we rode the 18 miles all the way to the end and just enjoyed the ride, then on the way back down we pulled into all the places and took pictures.  So happy to have seen this beautiful place...:)   WARNING:  I took a LOT of pictures!!!

Red Canyon and Bryce Canyon are both within the Dixie National Forest

You have to drive through Red Canyon first to get to Bryce which I did not know.  What a bonus!!




There were twin tunnels and look what a beautiful day we had!  It was so nice to be out of the smoke.









I took a few panoramic pics trying to catch the expanse of these views.




I decided to start taking pics of each place we stopped then a couple of shots of the view.



Then I decided I may as well be in the pic, too...:)



This crow (the guy standing off to the side insisted it was a raven...is there a difference?) sat right here the whole time we were there.  He was quite happy to have his picture taken, too. 





Most of the stops Kenneth just sat on the bike and I went and looked.  I could NOT get enough of these views - they are all similar, but different.  This bridge was really cool and he wanted to see it.  He did, after all, build bridges for a long time but none quite like this.













There were cave dwellings in this formation.

It was quite a hike to get to this observation deck.  Kenneth waited at the bike and I almost didn't walk up, but I just had to.  One thing for sure is that I am going to have to force myself to start working out again...I am SO out of shape!!




I had to really swallow that fear of heights thing to stand by this railing.


I took these folks picture and she insisted she take one of me, too.  Then we ended up talking for ten minutes.




Pic of the tunnel again in Red Canyon on our way out.

This was my view while I worked...very cool!!


No comments:

Post a Comment