Monday, August 30, 2021

One more ride before leaving Hatch, Utah

On Sunday we headed out for a 140 mile ride along scenic Hwy. 14.  I really like Utah, but I've realized that ALL the rides are beautiful and once you've seen the landscape it's all pretty much the same.  That, however, does not stop me from taking pictures which is why I have almost 17,000 of them on my phone!  We were supposed to stay here until Wednesday, but the smoke is starting to reach here and it's supposed to start raining (which they really need here!) so we decided to do this ride, then pull out Monday morning to stay ahead of the weather.  Here are a few pics from this ride.



Navajo Lake - formed by volcanic activity.  I have learned on this trip that there was a lot of volcanic activity in several places we've been.  Never thought much about lava here for some reason.  Did I learn this in geography and just forgot it??  If so, I sure am having fun re-learning it!!


Sheep seem to be a popular livestock here as well as cows, horses and goats.

We saw both cinder cones and lava flows on this ride.







Another ski resort...I need to see if they have a live cam so I can see it in the winter.

The ski resort town so I can look it up in the winter!

We happened upon the Cedar Breaks National Monument while riding - didn't even know this existed!  Good thing we still had our National Parks Pass on the bike so we got to see it for free!


It's very similar to Bryce Canyon and look...an LSU fan!!



More random pics on the way back to the camper



I love the way the sun hits the mountain tops...the perfect ride to end our stay here in Hatch.  Tomorrow...travel day to Moab, UT!




1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! Just caught up….it’s all been amazing and I’m so happy that you have so many things to cross off your bucket list! What a wonderful adventure with a capital “A”!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete